Hosting for the holidays? Save yourself time and energy by using this simple checklist.
2-3 Weeks Before
- Get your decorations out.
- Write out your meal plan.
- Contact family and friends to confirm the guest list.
- Purchase your turkey or ham and put it in the freezer (make sure it can fit in the oven).
4-7 Days Before
- Move turkey or ham from freezer to refrigerator to begin defrosting.
- Make a grocery list, shop for non-perishable items.
- Save a trip to the store by ordering non-perishables on Jet or Boxed.
- Double check your cooking and bakeware supplies, ask family members to bring anything you don’t have.
- Clean out and rearrange your fridge, making room for all the food to come.
- Come up with fun tasks the kids can do the day-of to help (ex: set the table).
2-3 Days Before
- Shop for perishable items.
- Set the table with seasonal decorations and place settings.
- Refrigerate beverages.
- Clean the guest bathroom.
1 Day Before
- Prepare dishes that can be prepped or made ahead of time.
- Vacuum and sweep the house.
- Text or email instructions to guests.U
- Use Drizly or the Delivery.com app to have last-minute items delivered within an hour.
- If desired, cook and slice the turkey the day before, then let the meat soak in juices overnight, reheat turkey day of.
The Day Of
- Use your meal timeline to guide your cooking.
- Put the turkey or ham in the oven earlier rather than later!
- Light candles and play background music.
- Have family members lend a hand when you’re in need.