Spice up dinner with these flavor-packed vegetarian taquitos.
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil, plus more for frying
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 3 large Portobello mushrooms, gills and stems removed and diced
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons Just Mayo Chipotle, plus more for serving
- 12 6-inch corn tortillas
- Heat oil in a large pan over medium heat until shimmering. Add the onion and cook until softened, about 5-6 minutes. Add the bell pepper and cook until just beginning to soften, about 3-4 minutes. Add the mushrooms and cook for 5 more minutes. Stir in chili powder, salt and pepper. Remove from the pan from the heat. Stir in the Just Mayo Chipotle.
- In a deep cast iron skillet, heat 2 inches of oil until the oil starts to bubble when you drop a taquito in it, about 350F.
- Roll up each tortilla with 2 tablespoons of filling.
- Using tongs fry each side until golden brown, about 4-5 minutes.
- Serve immediately with Just Mayo Chipotle.
image & recipe via Hampton Creek