This homemade classic is loaded with fresh ingredients.
• 1 tablespoon olive oil
• 1 medium onion, chopped
• 2 teaspoons chopped garlic
• 1 bay leaf
• 1 ½ pounds ripe tomatoes, diced
• ½ cup sundried tomatoes, chopped
• 1 ½ tablespoons tomato paste
• 1 ½ cups water
• 1 teaspoon salt
• ½ teaspoon black pepper
• ½ cup Just Ranch
• 2 tablespoons thinly sliced basil leaves
- Heat the olive oil in a large saucepan until shimmering over medium heat. Add the onion and cook until just beginning to soften, about 3-4 minutes.
- Stir in the garlic and bay leaf. Cook until the garlic is fragrant, about 30 seconds-1 minute.
- Add the tomatoes, sundried tomatoes, tomato paste and water. Bring to a boil stirring occasionally.
- Reduce heat and simmer covered until the vegetables are tender, about 20 minutes. Stir in 1 teaspoon salt and ½ teaspoon black pepper. Allow the mixture to cool slightly.
- Remove and discard the bay leaf.
- Working in batches blend the mixture in a blender until smooth. Strain the soup through a fine mesh strainer to remove the tomato skins and seeds.
- Stir in the Just Ranch until combined. Top with basil.
image & recipe via Hampton Creek