From festive fall gatherings to everyday snacking, this sweet & salty snack mix from Hampton Creek is sure to start the party.
- 3 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 6 tablespoons unpopped popcorn kernels
- 1 cup coarsely chopped walnuts
- 1 cup bite-sized pretzels
- 2 cup cereal squares
- 6 tablespoons melted unsalted margarine or butter
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons Just Sweet Mustard
- ¾ teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1 teaspoon ground smoked paprika
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- ½ cup candy-coated chocolate peanuts
- Heat oven to 250°F.
- Place 3 tablespoons oil and 2 to 3 kernels in a 3-quart or larger pot and cover with a lid. Turn heat to medium-high. When you hear these first kernels pop, add the remaining kernels and replace the lid. Using potholders, shimmy the pot around to keep the kernels moving as they pop. When several seconds pass between pops, remove from heat.
- Pour the popped popcorn into a large mixing bowl. Add the walnuts, pretzels, cereal squares to the bowl.
- To make the party mix seasoning, whisk together the melted margarine or butter with the Worcestershire, Just Sweet Mustard, salt, smoked paprika, cayenne, garlic powder and onion powder.
- Pour the party mix seasoning over the popcorn mix and toss, until all the ingredients are evenly coated. Spread out on your biggest baking sheet or two medium-sized ones.
- Bake for 45 minutes, tossing the ingredients around every 15 so that it cooks evenly. Let cool completely on baking sheet, then mix in the candy-coated chocolate peanuts.
Pairing Suggestion: Diet Coke
image & recipe via Hampton Creek