For a simple appetizer made under an hour, look no further than a cheesy batch of Fried Ravioli fried to perfection.
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 3/4 cup dry breadcrumbs
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 pound frozen cheese-filled ravioli, thawed (about 36 ravioli)
- Vegetable oil
- 2 cups Francesco Rinaldi® Marinara Pasta Sauce
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh basil
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- Combine egg and milk in a small bowl. Place breadcrumbs, basil and oregano in a shallow bowl. Dip ravioli in milk mixture and coat with breadcrumbs.
- Pour oil to a depth of 2 inches into a Dutch oven; heat to 350°F. Line a baking sheet with paper towels.
- With a metal slotted spoon, carefully slip a few ravioli at a time into the hot oil to avoid overcrowding. Fry 1-2 minutes or until ravioli turn light brown. Adjust heat as needed to maintain oil temperature. Drain on paper towels. Keep in a warm oven until all are fried.
- Heat together pasta sauce and basil in a small saucepan 2-3 minutes until hot. To serve, sprinkle ravioli with Parmesan cheese and serve with warm pasta sauce.
image & recipe via Francesco Rinaldi