Firing up the grill? These colorful kabobs are an easy addition to any summer barbecue.
- 4 skinned and boned chicken breast halves
- 1/3 cup Madhava Savory Hickory Sage
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons lemon zest
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 8 (8-inch) wooden or metal skewers
- 2 medium zucchini, cut crosswise into 1-inch rounds
- 1 yellow bell pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
- Cut chicken into 2- x 1-inch strips.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the honey, lemon juice and zest, olive oil and salt and pepper to taste. Place the chicken breasts in a zip sealed plastic bag or glass dish that holds them snugly in a single layer and add the marinade. If using a dish, cover with plastic wrap. Marinate in refrigerator for at least 1 hour to overnight.
- If using wooden skewers, soak in water for 30 minutes to prevent burning.
- Remove chicken from marinade, discarding marinade.
- Thread chicken and vegetables onto 8 (8-inch) skewers.
- Grill chicken, covered with grill lid, over medium-high heat (350° to 400°) 15 to 20 minutes or until done, turning occasionally. Serve skewers with a light drizzle of Savory Hickory Sage, if desired.
Pairing Suggestion: New Belgium Beer
image & recipe via Madhava Sweeteners