Sweeten up your 4th of July spread with a vanilla ice cream pie from Reddi Wip, made with strawberries, blueberries and a homemade graham cracker crust.
- Baking Spray
- 1-1/4 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar, divided
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 2 cups fresh blueberries
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 2-1/2 cups vanilla ice cream, softened
- 1-1/4 cups thinly sliced fresh strawberries
- Reddi-wip® Original Dairy Whipped Topping
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Spray 9-inch glass pie plate with cooking spray; set aside. Stir together graham cracker crumbs and 1/4 cup sugar in medium bowl. Add melted butter; mix well. Press mixture firmly in bottom and up sides of pie plate. Bake 6 minutes or until golden brown and set. Cool completely, about 35 minutes.
- Meanwhile, stir together water, remaining 1/4 cup sugar and cornstarch in small saucepan. Add blueberries and lemon juice. Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring frequently. Cook 5 minutes or until thickened, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat; let cool 5 minutes.
- Spread blueberry mixture evenly over crust. Refrigerate 10 minutes. Spread softened ice cream over blueberry mixture. Freeze pie until firm, about 4 hours. Arrange strawberries over ice cream. Cut into 8 slices; top with Reddi-wip. Serve immediately.
image & recipe via Reddi Wip