Enjoy the crisp crunch of fried potatoes with the full flavor of Hidden Valley Greek Yogurt Bottled Dressing for a simple snack you can serve before dinner.
- 1/3 cup Hidden Valley® Greek Yogurt Cucumber Dill Dressing
- 1 small red onion, finely diced
- 1 tbsp. butter
- 16 oz. frozen, shredded hash browns
- 3 tbsp. all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- black pepper to taste
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tbsp. fresh dill, finely chopped (optional)
- Start by dicing the onion very fine.
- Heat a large non-stick skillet over medium heat. Add butter and onion. Sauté for 10 minutes or until the onion is golden brown.
- Place fried onion and potatoes in a large bowl. To this same bowl, add flour, baking powder, salt and pepper.
- In another small bowl, combine eggs, Hidden Valley® Greek Yogurt Cucumber Dill dressing and dill. Stir well with a whisk. Add egg mixture to potato mixture. Mix well.
- In a large non-stick skillet coated with cooking spray over medium-high heat, spoon about ¼ cup potato mixture for each of 4 fritters into pan. Cook 4–5 minutes on each side or until browned. Remove from pan. Repeat procedure with the remaining potato mixture.
- Serve with more of the Hidden Valley® Greek Yogurt Cucumber Dill dressing as a dipping sauce.
Pairing Suggestion: Stella Artois
image & recipe via Hidden Valley