Pair a fluffy batch of oat muffins with the sweet taste of honey butter for a decadent breakfast you can enjoy in minutes.
- 1 cup old fashion oatmeal, ground to a course flour*
- 1 ¼ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ¼ cup (½ stick) Challenge Butter
- ¾ cup buttermilk
- 1 egg
- ⅓ cup chopped walnuts
- ⅓ cup raisins
- ½ cup (1 stick) Challenge Butter at room temperature (or slightly softened)
- ¼ cup honey
- Honey Butter: Beat ½ cup (1 stick) room temperature (or slightly softened) Challenge Butter with ¼ cup honey until smooth.
- Muffins: Preheat oven to 400°F. Prepare muffin pan (with twelve 2½-inch diameter cups) by generously buttering the cups or lining cups with paper liners.
- Whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and brown sugar in a bowl, create a well in the center of the mixture, and then set this mixture aside.
- Melt butter and allow it to cool slightly. Whisk together buttermilk, egg, and melted butter.
- Add wet ingredients all at once to well in dry ingredients. Stir just until dry ingredients are moistened; do not over mix. Fold in nuts and raisins.
- Spoon batter into 12 prepared muffin cups. Bake 20 minutes or until tops are browned and a wooden toothpick inserted in a muffin comes out clean. Serve muffins warm with honey butter.
Note: *Grind oatmeal in a blender or food processor for a few seconds to obtain coarse flour.
Pairing Suggestion: Minute Maid Light
image & recipe via Challenge Dairy