Grab some eggs, bagels, and hash browns to bring burgers and Budweiser to the breakfast table.
- 2 lbs. Smithfield® Fresh Ground Pork
- 1/2 cup Budweiser Beer, divided
- 1 tablespoon dry rubbed sage
- 1 tablespoon poultry seasoning
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- ½ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 6 everything bagels (thin or regular), toasted
- 6 frozen hash brown patties, cooked according to package directions
- 6 slices sharp Cheddar cheese
- 6 fried eggs, over easy
- Sriracha or other hot sauce, optional
- Heat charcoal or gas grill to medium. Gently combine ground pork, 1/4 cup beer, sage, poultry seasoning black pepper and cayenne in bowl. Shape into 6 (1-inch thick) burgers. Grill burgers about 5 minutes per side until internal temperature reaches 160° F.
- Meanwhile, sauté onion slices in oil over medium heat until very tender and golden brown. Add remaining 1/4 cup beer and continue cooking until liquid is evaporated.
- Place 1 hash brown patty on bottom of each toasted bagel; top with slice of cheese. Layer burger, fried egg and onions on top of the cheese. If desired, sprinkle with hot sauce; close sandwich to serve.
Makes: 6 sandwiches
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
image & recipe via Budweiser