- 2 ¼ cups all-purpose Flour
- 1/2 cup Sugar
- 1/2 cup Shortening
- 1/2 cup Light Molasses
- 1 large Eggland’s Best egg
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon Baking Powder
- 1 teaspoon ground Ginger
- 1 teaspoon ground Cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon Nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- Icing and Decorations of your choosing (optional)
- In a large bowl, combine all ingredients (except for icing and decorations).
- With a mixer at medium speed, beat the ingredients until well combined. Cover and refrigerate for at least one hour.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly flour work surface and rolling pin. Roll out dough to 1/4 inch thick. With cookie cutters, cut out shapes (gingerbread men, trees, wreaths, etc.)
- Bake for 8 minutes until lightly browned. Remove from pan and cool on wire rack.
Suggestion: Stock up on a few different candies and icing to help decorate your delicious treats, like Pillsbury Frosting!