- 1 cup (2 sticks) cold, unsalted butter, cubed
- 1¼ cup sugar
- 2 large eggs
- ½ cup dark cocoa powder (regular cocoa powder can be used)
- 2¼ cups all-purpose flour
- ¼ tsp. coarse salt (regular salt can be used)
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1 cup Peppermint Or Mint Holiday M&M’s
- ½ cup Holiday M&M Minis
- Preheat the oven to 350 F.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer, combine the butter and sugar. Beat together on medium-high speed until light and fluffy, 2-3 minutes. Blend in the eggs one at a time, scraping down the bowl as needed. Mix in the cocoa powder until well blended.
- Add the flour, salt and baking powder to the bowl and mix on low speed just until incorporated. Fold in the M&M candies with a spatula.
- The dough is very thick! Transfer the dough to a work surface and knead briefly by hand to be sure the ingredients are well combined.
- Using a standard size cookie scoop, scoop cookie dough onto cookie sheets. To make 36 cookies, 12 cookies should fit onto each sheet.
- Bake for approx 10 minutes. Let cool for 5-10 minutes on cookie sheets, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely. Store in an airtight container. Enjoy!
(image & recipe via Love From the Kitchen)