With Thanksgiving only a few days away, it’s time to start baking some holiday sweets!
These delicious caramel-topped cookies make a perfect contribution to any feast. Make them today and earn cash back on Betty Crocker Cookie Mix.
- 1 pouch Betty Crocker Sugar Cookie Mix
- ½ cup butter or margarine, softened
- 1 egg
- 1 package (8 oz) Lancaster caramel soft crèmes
1. Heat oven to 375°F (or 350°F for dark or nonstick cookie sheet). In medium bowl, stir cookie mix, softened butter and egg until soft dough forms.
2. Drop dough by rounded tablespoonfuls 2 inches apart on ungreased cookie sheet. Using thumb or handle of wooden spoon, make indentation in center of each cookie.
3. Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until edges are light golden brown. Remove from oven.
4. Unwrap caramels and place on center of each cookie. Bake an additional 1 to 2 minutes, or until candy is melted slightly. Cool 1 minute before removing from cookie sheet to wire rack. Cool completely; store in airtight container.
Suggestion: Keep your creations soft and chewy when you store them in Rubbermaid TakeAlongs.
(image & recipe via Betty Crocker)